Lead, Cyst, Chlorine Taste & Odor Reduction Filter
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- 0.5μm Nominal Filtration*
- Rated Flow 0.75 GPM, 2,500 Gallons Life*
- Lead Reduction Based on NSF/ANSI Standard 53*
- Cyst Reduction Based on NSF/ANSI Standard 53*
- Turbidity Reduction Based on NSF/ANSI Standard 53*
- Outstanding Chlorine Taste and Odor Reduction*
MATRIKX® Pb1® is a powerful, multifunctional filter cartridge for residential and commercial water treatment systems.
Reduction Capacity @ Flow*
>22,000lt @ 2.8 LPM
9,400lt @ 2.8 LPM
0.69 bar @ 2.8 LPM
*Based on Manufacturer's Internal Testing
MATRIKX® Pb1® extruded activated carbon filters reduce soluble lead using an ion-exchange filter medium with high specificity for soluble lead. Particulate filtration is used to intercept insoluble lead-containing particles. Standard 2.50” O.D. x 10” L filters will reduce lead, meeting the performance requirements of NSF/ANSI Standard 53 protocol for over 2,500 gallons when operating at a flow of 0.75 GPM. Manufactured with KX®’s proprietary extrusion process, MATRIKX® Pb1® filters offer high levels of chemical reduction in potable drinking water, including chlorine, taste and odor. MATRIKX® Pb1® filters meet NSF/ANSI Standard 53, Turbidity and Cyst Reduction, including Cryptosporidium, Giardia, Entamoeba and Toxoplasma.
EXTRUDED CARBON = EXCEPTIONAL VALUE
MATRIKX® Pb1® filters consist of activated carbon particles fused into a uniform block with enhanced adsorptive capacity and eficiency. MATRIKX® Pb1® filters flow in a radial (outside-to-inside) direction, providing increased dirt-holding capacity and low pressure drop. Unlike granular activated carbon (GAC) filters, MATRIKX® Pb1® cartridges will not channel or bypass due to the extreme uniformity of their extruded activated carbon core. Service life of the MATRIKX® Pb1® filter is greatly extended by a prefiltration medium.
- No channeling
- No fluidizing
- No bypassing
- Lowest extractables, pure materials of construction
- Maximum service life and resistance to fouling
- Graded density prefiltration design
- Manufactured using FDA-compliant materials
- Color coded molded one-piece gasket and end cap
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Performance claims are based on a complete system, including a filter, housing, and connection to a pressurized water source. This filter must be placed in an appropriate system, and operated according to the system's specifications in order to deliver the claimed performance. It is essential to follow operational, maintenance, and filter replacement requirements, as directed for each application, for this filter and system to perform correctly. Read the Manufacturer's Performance Data Sheet accompanying the system and change the filter as suggested. The contaminants or other substances removed or reduced by this water filter are not necessarily in all users' water.
1. Projected chlorine taste and odor reduction capacity when tested in accordance with NSF/ANSI Standard 42 protocol.
2. Nominal particulate rating (0.5μm) is for >85% of a given size as determined from single-pass particle counting results.*
3. Absolute particulate rating (1μm) is for >99.9% of particles of a given size as determined from single-pass particle counting results.**
* Nominal Filter Rating: Filter rating indicating the approximate size particle, the majority of which will not pass through the filter. It is generally interpreted as meaning that 85% of the particles of the size equal to the nominal micron rating will be retained by the filter. (WQA Glossary of Terms, Third Edition, 3-97).
** Absolute Filter Rating: Filter rating meaning that 99.9% (or essentially all) of the particles larger than a specific micron rating will be trapped on or within the filter. (WQA Glossary of Terms, Third Edition, 3-97).
MATRIKX® filters are not to be autoclaved or steam-sterilized. Use this MATRIKX® Pb1® carbon filter only with microbiologically safe and adequately disinfected water, as it is not designed to kill or remove bacteria or viruses. Actual results obtained will vary with various combinations of organic contaminants, changes in pH or other conditions encountered in actual use. All information presented here is based on data believed to be reliable. It is offered for evaluation and verification, but is not to be considered a warranty of any kind.
MATRIKX® filters are designed to fit most standard household and commercial or industrial housings. This cartridge must be placed in an appropriate housing and flushed for a minimum of 5 minutes prior to use.
- NSF Standard 42
- Water Quality Association (WQA) based on NSF Standard 42
- KX Tehcnologies (MATRIKX®) based on NSF Standard 42
The life span of the filter depends on the quality and amount of water filtered.
- Activated Carbon Block
- Bad Taste
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)