This Pentek MG-10MCB Microguard carbon block and polyethersulfone (PES) filter cartridge reduces bacteria, protozoan cysts, chlorine taste and odor, and sediment in residential and commercial drinking water. It has an absolute filtration rating of 0.15 micron for 99.9999% reduction of bacteria and cysts. The cartridge is made of a carbon block pre-filter and a PES membrane mounted on polystyrene and surrounded by polyolefin netting. The pre-filtering provides extended life for the membrane by reducing chlorine and fine sediment. The absolute filtration rating is for a particle removal efficiency of 99.9999%. Protozoan cysts include Giardia, Entamoeba, Cryptosporidium, and Toxoplasma.
Two O-rings on the end cap ensure absolute sealing against Pentek 3G, Slim Line, and Standard filter housings (sold separately). The cartridge has an initial pressure drop of 11 pounds per square inch (psi) at a recommended flow rate of 1 gallon per minute (gpm), and operates over a temperature range of 40 to 140 degrees F (4.4 to 60 degrees C). This filter cartridge meets National Sanitation Foundation/American National Standards Institute (NSF/ANSI) standard 53 and United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) Guide Standard and Protocol for Water Purifiers (1987) for quality assurance, and is for use in various applications, including drinking water purification, laboratory water treatment, and film processing, among others.
Pentair® Pentek® MicroGuard™ Series membrane filters provide safer and cleaner drinking water without incorporating chemicals into the media or adding chemicals to the filtered water.
The MG-10MCB is uniquely designed with integral carbon block and sediment pre-filtration for the reduction of chlorine taste & odor and for providing extended life of the internal membrane element. This cartridge has 2.5 times greater filtration surface area than some anti-microbial carbon blocks, and operates at a higher flow rate with lower pressure drop. This makes the MG-10MCB ideal for Point-of-Use (POU) applications.
The MicroGuard cartridges do not require USEPA registration and their effectiveness is not susceptible to common substances normally found in some waters.
- Reduces particles as small as 0.15 micron in size by mechanical means
- Membrane filtration provides 99.9999% reduction of bacteria and 99.9999% reduction of virus by mechanical means*
- Combined carbon block and sediment pre-filtration for extended life and chlorine taste & odor reduction
- Utilizes highly asymmetric polyethersulfone membrane with proprietary hydrophilic formulation for immediate wetting and high flow Double O-ring endcap seals for absolute sealing in Pentair Pentek 3G housings
- No electrical power required
- Retains natural mineral content of water
- Filter Media – Polyethersulfone
- Endcaps – Top: Polystyrene Bottom: Polypropylene
- Membrane Assembly – Polystyrene, epoxy resin
- Carbon Pre-filter - Activated carbon, synthetic polymeric fibers & binders
- Netting – Polyethylene
- O-ring Seals – EPDM
- Temperature Rating – 40-140°F (4.4-60°C)
Water filters remove undesirable particles, chemicals, and microorganisms from water by means of a semipermeable barrier, adsorption, or biological processes. They are made of densely packed synthetic or natural fibers that trap suspended particles, materials that block microbes or adsorb unwanted chemicals, or substances that cause a chemical change, such as acid neutralization. For most residential, commercial, and industrial applications, water filters are manufactured in the form of replaceable cartridges that fit inside permanent housings. Filtration systems typically consist of a series of two or more types of filters, each designed to remove different contaminants. The performance of filters is measured by the minimum particle size that is blocked, the percentage of particles or microorganisms that are removed, the downstream concentration of unwanted chemicals, the maximum flow rate, and the amount of water that can be filtered before the filter must be replaced. Water filters are used in a wide range of applications, including drinking water purification, swimming pools, industrial processes, and irrigation, among others.
Pentair manufactures industrial, commercial, and residential water filtration components and systems. The company, founded in 1966 and headquartered in Minneapolis, MN, meets International Organization for Standardization (ISO) standards 9001 and 14001 for quality assurance.
*Based on manufacturer's internal testing.
EPA EST. NO. 086074-NH-001
- NSF Standard 53
- United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) Guide Standard
- Protocol for Water Purifiers (1987) for Quality Assurance
The life span of the filter depends on the quality and amount of water filtered.
- Activated Carbon Block
- Pentek® MicroGuard™ Membranes
- Asbestos Fibers
- Bad Taste
- Viruses by Mechanical Use (Based on manufacturer's internal testing)
Product Brochure (English) (PENTEK_MG-10MCB.pdf, 440 Kb) [Download]
No posts found